Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250 4x4: I have a 1997 ford f250 with 4x4 5.8 liter gas, blew

Customer Question

I have a 1997 ford f250 with 4x4 5.8 liter gas, blew the lower radiator hose, changed it out, now it is idling fast and taking way too long to upshift
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases if the transmission control system is seeing a fault the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you determine the cause you going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.