James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250 power stroke diesel: i have a 1996 f250 powerstroke diesel.

Customer Question

i have a 1996 f250 powerstroke diesel. my water in fuel light doesn't work.also my last 2 tanks of fuel is using more fuel out of the front tank then the back tank. i bought this truck new and it has about 130000 and put most of the miles myself.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
On the front tank do you see any visual leak anywhere? When you turn the key on does the water in fuel light come on? Usually if the light comes on when you turn the key on then the light bulb is good. If this is the case the water in fuel light indicator is likely bad inside of the fuel filter housing.