Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford Escape: I drive a '05 Ford Escape XLT with around 128K

Customer Question
I drive a '05 Ford...
I drive a '05 Ford Escape XLT with around 128K miles on it. This morning the A/C stopped working and their is not a low airy hum coming from the engine compartment. The A/C fans blows fine, but the air's not cold and at the last stoplight I was at is seemed to be steam or smoke coming from the hood.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
7/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
First check the cooling system for leaks and inspect the coolant level in the coolant reservoir. The smoke could be a coolant leak on the exhaust. It could also be a leak in the AC system and a line of seal broke and the Freon escaped and created the smoke.
A. Penland
A. Penland