Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Flex Limited: Eric. I have 2009 Ford Flex limited and the

Customer Question

Hi Eric. I have 2009 Ford Flex limited and the radiator fans are not switching on when requaired - in traffic jam for example
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I assume it is overheating and the AC is performing poorly in these events?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure. Fans are not going on even when engine overheats. Should i replace the fans motor driver (relay box mounted on back of the fans) ??
Use the file below.At the fan verify its getting power green/red wire and ground black/gray wire.Use a scan tool t and see if the computer is commanding the fan on and see if you can remotely command it on, if its being commanded but not working and you can not remotely command it on, then the fans are bad. If there is not a command being sent then OHM test the command wire to the PCM to see if its broken, if not then the PCM is bad. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris