Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford/escape: my liftgate hatch wont open and i just checked

Customer Question

my liftgate hatch wont open and i just checked the fuse?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Normally its the lock actuator at the latch that fails and causes this. We will need to get the rear liftgate interior trim off to get inside the door to get it open so we can begin diag. Is this something you are going to be able to do? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DID RESEARCH ABOUT IT BEING THE ACUATOR, SO I GUESS I ANSWEED MY OWN QUESTION, BUT I STILL HAD TO PAY FOR IT. I WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO OPEN IT AND REPLACE IT, THANK YOU I WILL GET BACK TO YOU!!!!!!BOBBY
Glad I could help, and thanks for rating my response. If more help is needed, just let me know.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help on this concern, it is showing as not resolved.