Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Lariat: I have 2004 Lariat 5.4 Triton also, and check charging

Customer Question

I have 2004 Lariat 5.4 Triton also, and check charging system fault is show up on the instrumentation display.
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 2 years ago.
i have ran into a couple of these, if the alt. is not over charging or under charging, most likely the instrument cluster is faulty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
what is needed to be done to fix this problem.
if you are sure the alt. is working, you need cluster and it has to be programmed with all keys or it will not start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, today I will do more checks and a second opinion test to the alternator to make sure is working, then go to the next step. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you body for you help but I got the problem solved at my level. After performing a resistance test, I found the too high so I took the alternator for second opinion at pep boys and there they certified the alternator was bad, may be the testing station at the other establishment is defective and give me a false diagnostic. I replaced the alternator and solve the problem.
Thank much.Juan