Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-350: I have a 2006 F-350 with a 6.0.Cranks no start. Will

Customer Question

I have a 2006 F-350 with a 6.0.
Cranks no start. Will start up after cool down for about 5 minutes and dies. After it dies I do not hear the FICM or the buzz when you turn ignition to on. The FICM has 46 - 47 volts key on and cranking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Do you have a scan tool with live data to get me some readings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have a basic code reader but there are no active codes.
So it does not have live data? You got a long road ahead of you without any kind of data to narrow down what needs tested. Your best option if you want to be able to work on this truck is to get a scan tool that has live data. Without any live data you are going to have to check EVERYTHING and a lot of the stuff you need to check you need a scan tool to check anyway. If you want to try to figure it out without one we can try. Do you have a multimeter or anything?