Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I have a 93 festiva that is blowing the fusible link in

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 93 festiva that is blowing the fusible link in the engine compartment. it is the center fuse in the pack of 3 on the drivers side. When I am driving the blower motor will suddenly speed up without my touching the fan switch. when this happens I know that I have blown the center fuse in the pack. The car will continue to run and I can make it home. But when I try to start it nothing happens. I am suspecting a bloer motor starting to fail. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 years ago.
what you are describing appears to be POSSIBLY A BLOWER MOTOR , that is pulling excessive amps, and has damaged the blower resistor which controls the blower speed,both will have to be replaced, please accept my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank-you for the info. I was leaning towards the blower motor. But where do I find the blower resistor ?
it is located in the blower distribution box near the blower motor