How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 35603
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

E350: I have a 1985 ford econoline 350 with a 460 motor and

Customer Question

I have a 1985 ford econoline 350 with a 460 motor and holly carb. The piece that attaches from the two fuel lines under the hood then runs to the carb is missing. Some research shows it is called either a hot fuel handling valve or fuel return vale, or fuel starvation valve ect.. Nevertheless I can not find this part at any parts store nor on google. Can it be bypassed or am i calling it the wrong thing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some Call it hot fuel diverter valve
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The valve is called a fuel return valve and it used to keep the fuel pump from over pressurizing the carb to avoid a flooding condition and it can not be passed because it will over pressurize the carb and cause it to flood out. Unfortunately Ford does not make it any more and if you can not find it in any parts stores your other option is to locate one in a salvage yard, all 460 engine from 1985 to 1987 used this valve.