Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

F350: ,Looking with 2006 6.0 powerstroke no

Customer Question

Looking for help with 2006 6.0 powerstroke no start. HPOP oil pressure only 35lbs via scangauge II.
Thank you,
Chris
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. First, put a manual gauge to make sure the sensor isn't bad and giving a false reading. With the ICP at only 35, the truck will never start. With it that low, you have a serious leak in the top of the engine on the rail from a blown o-ring/injector ring or the HPOP is bad. It wouldn't be the IPR for you would be getting readings around 500 for it, so you can scratch it out. I would check it though for you could have pieces of o-ring trapped in it if the seals are bad. What I would do is pull the valve covers and the rails inspecting all the seals. If none are seriously blown, I would do a seal job regardless (just to get one out of the way since the part is so cheap and the rail is off) and replace the HPOP. Usually when the pressure is below 50 psi, the HPOP is bad or the STC fitting blew off, but on your year, I doubt it is the STC fitting for they were pretty much fixed in 2006 at the plant. I would price out a HPOP and replace it and the seals. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jeremy,
I replaced the passenger side oil rail o-rings and 3 injectors. On the drivers side I replaced 1 injector. New IPR Valve and swaped out the HPOP with a used working one. New stand pipes and dummy plugs on both sides. Oil cup fills up with oil in 7 seconds. I've pressure tested the system from the ICP 120lbs, tonight I will pressure test the system from the IPR. Any other thoughts or suggestions?Thank you,
Chris
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
You did that and are still getting low oil pressure? What about the main oil pressure from the bottom of the engine? Is the crankcase pressure normal? Have you tried unplugging the ICP and starting by putting the ICP into a default mode? If not, try that ans see if it will start and run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, unplugged the ICP, still no start.The dash oil gauge shows pressure and the oil filter housing fills up with oil. I'll put a pressure gauge on the HPOP tonight. Do you know where to put the pressure gauge to test the lower oil pump?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
To test the lower there should be a fitting on the oil filter housing. That is the only place I have ever tapped in on it.
Does the gauge in the truck show oil pressure? Usually if it shows pressure, you have pressure in the bottom of the engine.
If needed, you can tap in at the sensor on the engine as well.