Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Explorer: 2007 Ford Explorer that is throwing "Tire Sensor…

Customer Question
2007 Ford Explorer that is...
2007 Ford Explorer that is throwing "Tire Sensor Fault" error. This happens precisely 20 minutes after I start the car. All 4 sensors have been replaced by OEM sensors and the local Ford Dealer still can not fix it. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
7/10/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
When the TPMS Fault light come on the computer should set and store a fault code in the system. If you can get me this fault code and or codes I will try and help you get this problem resolved.
Ron,Thanks for your note. I have an OBD scanner and no fault codes appear even though the Tire Sensor Fault is showing on the dash. Supposedly, a Bartec tool will find the code. Question: I h ave a lot of add-on electronics in the car (GPS, cell phone, radar detector). These have been hard-wired using fuse taps. I disconnected all of them and no sensor fault appeared. Is it possible that interference or power drain from one or more of these devices is the real culprit?
Yes it is possiable the GPS and or the radar detector can cause interference. Try hooking them back up on at a time to isolate which one is causing the interference.