Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I just replaced a bad water pump on my 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3

Customer Question

I just replaced a bad water pump on my 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3 liter. I had zero temp or coolant issues until now. I'm almost certain I have an airlock in the coolant system, due to the radical movements of my temp gage and the lack of pressure to my upper and lower radiator hoses.
I cannot seem to locate any advice on line that would help me bleed the air from the system. Ive had this issue on another vehicle but it was equipped with a valve that would be used to vent the air from the system.
Can you please offer any assistance with this particular year 2.3L ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI, Ok, the preferred method is with a pressure bleeder, which you can usually rent from Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. There is a way to bleed it without one, which I have uploaded and attached at the bottom of the answer page here. It is specifically for your vehicle. There should be a bleeder on yours, which is shown in the attached directions Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI, Here are same directions in pdf file format, which may be a bit easier to download and print out Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks