John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician 32 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
78680981

Ranger: I had a code scanner hooked up to my ranger. I walked

Customer Question

I had a code scanner hooked up to my ranger. I walked away for bout 15 minutes. When I came back the engine would not start. electrical works, but no start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 2 years ago.
I am happy to assist you with this issue today, let's see if we can resolve it. Do you have fuel pressure? DO you have spark? How do we test those things, pull a spark plug wire off and hook a screwdriver to the wire and then take the screwdriver with the wire attached to the end and see if it arcs the ground. Test the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge in the test port on the fuel rail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I fixed it. I guess it was a weird coincidence. My battery went dead just as I got a code on my code reader. Went to the store, bought another battery, put it in, hook it up, everything works. Thanks. Maybe next time.
Okay glad I could help. thanks.