Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Expedition: I have a ford expedition 2004 eddie bauer would

Customer Question

Hi I have a ford expedition 2004 eddie bauer would like to find out the wire color windshield wiper the hi,low and intermittent speed?thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** multi function switch puts powers to several different wires, for different speeds, there is not a single wire for high, low and intermittent, I can post the wiring diagram if you like showing which wires should have power in each setting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes because I'm trying to install an aftermarket rain sensor,wire that need to tap the hi and low speed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi how about at the motor wiper? is there any wire hi and low speed and what color are those?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
the motor had a micro processor built into it, it takes the signal from the switch to determine what speed it runs at, below is a link to a PDF file that hasthe wiring diagram for this, and it has the switch and the motor in it,Tim
http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=1eb4436ccae31cbb1acbaa235e66cca-92497845b9df14dd&targetID=pmVo4ovEokn3e0OeWCcFSQ_I_I
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In this situation its impossible for me to install this windshield wiper sensor?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Not if you need one wore that is for high nd one for low, as you see in the wiring diagram, there are 3 wires that are hot with it on high, and so forth, this truck uses a micro processor built into the wiper motor to decode what position the switch is in, so unfortunarely, this system will not work with this truck,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so what color are those 3 hot wire then?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
on high, the darkblue/orange, the whie and the red wire are hot, on low, the darkblue/orange and the red are hot, and the white is not, tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I can connect my hi speed wire to the dark blue/orange wire?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
NO, this system uses several different wires for different speeds, the microprocessor inside the motor controls the speed, its not like th old ones, where there is a seperate wire for different speeds, you would need to put the high hot wire to the orange/blue and the white wire,and the red wire ll at the same time for it to siganl the high wipers, and then you would need to put power to the orange/blue and the red wire, for low speed, to make this work, and alot of different ones for intermittent, this would be impossible to wire to this system, unfortunately,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi for Ford Expedition 2004 side mirrors, what's the color of wires for up,down,left and right and also for the reverse sensing? Thanks