How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Your Own Question
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 3304
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Jeremy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I',m trying to charge ac on 2003 ford F150 pu 4.7 but the

Customer Question

i',m trying to charge ac on 2003 ford F150 pu 4.7 but the compression fitting on the AC/PRO charger is too small to fit on the AC of my car
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are you licensed for A/C work by the EPA to use the machine? If so, you can get the fittings you need from your loacl A/C repair shop. You need fittings for R134a. Is the AC/PRO setup for R134A? The vehicle uses R134A which uses 2 sizes of fittings. One for a the suction side and one for the pressure side. This is done purposely for safety reasons because the pressurs get so high on these vehicles compared to the old days f R12 systems. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
aloha Jeremy: thanks for the data which is GREEK TO ME. I'm still going to half to go to my mechanic because R134a means
nothing to me. nor does f R12. I was just hoping the nipple could be changed zip done
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
Yes it can. Go to your parts store and tell them you need the R134a fittings for your A/C machine hoses. R134a is the type of refrigerant in the vehicle. That is what it is called. R12 is the old style refrigerant which is what the older cars had. Most machines come prepped for both, but if the machine is older, it usually only has the smaller fittings. The fittings from the autp store will screw right into those fittings and then you push the new fittings on, and turn the knob to open the valve and use the machine.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO thank you it's taken care of
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for letting me know it has been taken care of. Have a great weekend!