James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Expedition: I have a 1999 expedition thats no crank no start.

Customer Question

I have a 1999 expedition thats no crank no start. I have tested the battery and connections and all fuses. The theft light is not on nor blinking although radio is not coming on either.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a test light by chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, are they available at the part houses and what range $ are they?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
You can get a test light for $5 dollars for basic testing. If the electronics seem to be working correctly it sounds like you can either have a starter issue or starter solenoid. On the firewall there is a solenoid that can fail but so can the starter itself. You are most likely going to run into the starter itself has failed and will need to be replaced. If you get a test light I can sure assist you on testing it.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know basic repair, probably enough to get me into trouble as my trade is HVAC. I will pick up a light tester tomorrow and hopefully be able to contact you again, thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good thank you. Please remember to rates answer so I receive credit for assisting you. Leaving a rating doesn't close out this question in case you do have more down the road.