Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford Ranger: I have a 2008 ford ranger 2.3 liter. The battery

Customer Question
I have a 2008 ford...
I have a 2008 ford ranger 2.3 liter. The battery goes dead overnight. I noticed the ac clutch was energized even with the motor off and the key in my pocket. Unhooking the wire to the compressor solves the problem. Removing the ac relay solves the problem. Removing the blower motor relay solves the problem. But of course each of these leaves me with no ac.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/5/2015
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Remove the AC clutch relay from the Engine Bay Fuse box. It could be internally shorted because it does get power constantly from fuse #25 which has power all the time.

I know taking the relay out solves the problem, it's out right now. Tomorrow I will get a new one and see if the problem returns.
Sorry I missed that in your opening remarks. Been having a little trouble with the web site.Not sure how the blower motor relay could be causing the AC compressor clutch to stay engaged. It is on a separate circuit.
A. Penland
A. Penland