Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford explorer 4.0 6 cyl: I have an SUV ford Explorer 2006.

Customer Question
I have an SUV ford...
I have an SUV ford Explorer 2006. Time and time again my lower radiator hose gets of.The engine is not overheating. I changed the thermostat it does it again. I took the thermostat off, it does it again. I took it to a mechanic, He does not know what is happening. Me be you guys do.
Erwin van Blarcum
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/4/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
If your using the spring clamps to hold the hose on then replace them with worm clamps. I also suggest going ahead and replacing the hose as well. I bet its soaked and mushy allowing it not to hold well. I would expect other issues and signs if it were running to hot. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician