Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150: chris i have a 2001 supercrew f150 5.4 4 wheel drive

Customer Question
Hi chris i have a...
Hi chris i have a 2001 suoercrew f150 5.4 4wheel drive haveing all kinds of problems my windows work when they want and my running lights sometimes dont work yesterday they got stuck on and wouldnt turn off unless i unplugged the battery today there back to not working also my dimmer switch dosnt work and parking brake stuck down i heard the parking brake could make the lights not work iv been having this problem on and off for about a year now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Next time the parking lights stay on, unplug the headlight switch, if they go out, then its your switch that is to blame and likely to blame for the dimmer issues, and parking lights not working as well that you mentioned. The parking brake can disable the daytime running lights, not the parking lights. Are all windows inoperable from all switches up and down? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris