Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 ford explorer..... temp gage is pegged to even when…

Customer Question
2000 ford explorer..... temp gage...
2000 ford explorer..... temp gage is pegged to hi even when you first start the engine.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: J F, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
J F
J F, ASE Certified Technician
Hello thanks for visiting the site. do you have a multimeter.thank you
Yes... and i am fairly sure its the wiring to the sensor that has gone bad and the ground to the gage is missing. Would i be correct?
is this a v6? thanks
Yes
Hello i am going to send you some links and one is how to test the gauge and remove the cluster. it does not tell me how to test the sensor. as for your ground wire it depends on which v6 it is whether or not the ground wire is supposed to be there. the one shows that it is self grounding on the wiring diagram. most likely the sensor is bad. unless you have just replaced it. if you have not i would recommend using a motor craft part. i have had troubles with after market parts in the past. if you have then i would test your wires. also remember there are 2 sensors one for the gauge and one for the ecu. (i have only sent the diagram for the gauge)LINKLINKThanksIf you have anymore questions please just ask.Please don't forget to leave feed back. (Thats how I get paid.)