Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 f350 6.4 l: john, My engine was changed out in my 2008…

Customer Question
Hi john, My engine was...
Hi john, My engine was changed out in my 2008 f-350. I read your post where you were able to help out a person track down the repair invoice for there motor.
I need the date and location at which this new motor was installed for a warranty claim from ford
vin number is *****
remanufactured engine serial number 442117
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
7/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Was this done at a Ford dealer?
I bought the truck used. It came from the LA Fire department. I was able to track down the shop manager for the fire department. I was told, since the 6.4 was so problematic they did not do any of that work in-house, they always sent it in to the dealer for any major service. I'd have to assume the motor swap was done at a dealer. I don't have access to fords vehicle history reports. I called a few dealers and they seam to only give me info on work they have done. I doubt they logged into the ford dealer services, because as I understand it, ford should have a complete record of every service done at any dealership. Also the engine that was installed was a ford part number re manufactured engine
It looks like the engine was replaced at 62219 miles by Caruso Ford Long Beach CA. It was replaced in October 14 2013. Does this help at all?