Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Ranger: The tailgate on a 2000 Ford truck will not release

Customer Question

The tailgate on a 2000 Ford truck will not release to go down. What should I do?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
On the bed side of the tailgate is a removable panel to gain access to the latch, handle, and linkage. Can you remove this and try to move the linkage and get it open so you can then monitor the latch operation from the handle to see if its damaged parts or the rods just needing to readjusted. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris