Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hood latch will not open

Customer Question
hood latch will not open
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
7/2/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I will need the year, make, and model to get more precise. Try holding the release under the dash, while another pounds on the hood above the latch to see if its will pop free. If not then you will need to go through the grill to get the latch/striker unbolted. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris