fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

FOCUS: friends, I have a Ford Focus 2008, he started

Customer Question

Hello friends, I have a Ford Focus 2008, he started giving me problems until the transmission reverse gear stopped working, the mechanic told me to change the transmission. I bought a second transmission. The mechanic installed it, but when testing the transmission problems were given when the speed changes were made and tested two more transmissions and the problem continues.
The problem is this: When you start the car works well, makes speed changes well, but when has come a certain amount of kilometers sensor "Throttle Control / Transmission" on the board lights (which is shaped wrench screws) and then the car loses power, and speed make changes hits.
Someone can help me to know what could be the problem please have spent a lot of money and not know what else to do.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Something I forgot to mention is that if I turn off the car and back turn on, "light" is off and the transmission works correctly to travel a few kilometers, then the problem starts happening again.
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 2 years ago.
usually a wrench light is associated with a throttle body problem, I would hate to think you paid to have transmission replaced when all it needs is a throttle body
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mechanic sent me to a place where coded ignition keys of the vehicles, so they can configure the key with the new transmission, because he thinks that may be the problem (a problem of computer configuration with the new vehicle transmission). I do not know what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.