Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford excursion: My excursion stalled and when I started it

Customer Question
My excursion stalled and when...
My excursion stalled and when I started it up again my Ac has no power to the panel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
7/1/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
What liter engine?Do you have auto or manual HVAC?We are going to be checking the power and grounds to the HVAC once I know a little more info. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
My Ac is back running but car when driving just stalls for no reason. It is a 10 cylinder gas engine. I crank it and it won't start and then it starts up drives a little bit then dies again. What could this be
Is it stalling while applying throttle or when coasting, braking, or stopped?
Both
The day before yesterday when my air-conditioning panel went out it was because my car installed and when I restarted it my AC panel was out I guess when I turn the key off let it set a little bit the AC panel reset and came back on yesterday I drove it about 100 miles and it didn't stall wants today I'd started up when I was leaving work and had to go get back into the shop to
And then I drove about a quarter of a mile and it stalled again I pulled off the side of the road and it cranks as if there's no spark it all and then all of a sudden it has and then it stalls again
Any warning lights remaining on?I suggest you try cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor and cleaning the fuel injectors with additives. If this were just when not applying throttle I would say the idle air control valve is to blame, but being it occurs while applying throttle that means the engine is most likely losing its sensor reading from the crank or cam sensor.
It doesn't happen when I give it has only when I let off gas it has stalled when I was coasting to a stop light and I was still moving and pumped the gas and it started back up strange
Since its occurring when no throttle is applied, do the prior steps and replace the IAC valve.
What is the iac valve?
idle air control valve.
.
When I start it it runs fine when it gets warm this begins to happen
Let me know if you need help doing the things I mentioned.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician