Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford ranger: 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3 L 140Cu.in. I have a problem…

Customer Question
1995 Ford Ranger 2.3 L...
1995 Ford Ranger 2.3 L 140Cu.in. I have a problem with the A/C blowing through the defroster @ higher rpm. Freon is ok, blend door is working, all vacuum hoses have been replaced and proper vacuum check performed and ok. No check engine lights are on and no code problems are showing. Replaced HVAC Control assembly and r&r vacuum lines. Still blows throgh defroster on incline or rapid in crease in speed. I'm out of things to check or replace...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/30/2015
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Hi. If the air is still coming out of defrost when the engine is under load then there is still a vacuum leak. There is a vacuum reseviour on the passenger fender area.
There should be a check valve built into that reseviour. If the check valve is bad the vacuum will bleed out and cause your problem under engine load.