Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2005 f150 4x4 lariat: starter went out after getting jumped

Customer Question

starter went out after getting jumped by triple A... got a new starter put in ,and now it wont idle and stay running
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my truck stopped running and i got it towed. when i picked it up the tow yard jumped it. the startetr got fried . i replaced it and the same problem is back it wont idle and dies as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It sounds like you may just have a dirty throttle body. Get some throttle body cleaner, spray it onto a rag, and wipe out throttle bore good as possible. Let me know if that helps, thanks.