Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150: Truck ran fine and we came back out got in and it won't…

Customer Question
Truck ran fine and we...
Truck ran fine and we came back out got in and it won't start just clicks lights are bright we cleaned the posts and tried to jump it but still won't start
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Gave wrong email address***@******.***
6/29/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. What year is this vehicle?
2000
It say all night this morning it started right up but later wouldn't start again then I got under the truck and touched two bolts to the starter while someone turned the ignition and it fired up
So what is the box called that connects the battery to the starter to the ignito
And what does it entail to replace it
Are you referring to the starter solenoid? It has two large posts and one or two small posts. This sends high current to engage the starter. Either it can be bad or it the starter itself can be bad. If you have a test light I can go over testing it with you.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.