Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford F250: My husband got in his Ford F250 (2006) to roll up…

Customer Question
My husband got in his...
My husband got in his Ford F250 (2006) to roll up the windows before it rained. He accidently left the key in battery mode and locked it from inside then got out of the truck. Now...the exterior key pad will not work to let him back in. (The keys are in the truck). What should he do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Options now are to wait and retry the key pad, sometimes it will reset in this case. Call a locksmith or tow truck to come get the door open by spreading the top open then going in with a rod to the lock switch. Last is to jot down the vin# ***** have the local dealership in the morning cut you a new key. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris