Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford F-350 4WD DRW: Bamaman39 :k and your sure fuse 7 has…

Customer Question
Bamaman39 : k and your sure...
Bamaman39 :
k and your sure fuse 7 has power on both sides
Drivers side low beam inop; fuse 7 check & the passenger side terminal has power but the drivers side terminal of F7 doesn't have power.
Where does next check take me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Root problem is drivers side low beam inop.
No power to low beam, high beam works, fuse 7 ohm ck good, both terminals for fuse 7 don't have power.
Next step???
Or can I disassemble fuse block to verify if wire disconnected from terminal itself?
Just also found mini buse 15a fuse #9 is bad... Heading to auto store cause out of them.
R2 bad #9... No change in original problem with ds low beam but it didn't blow again.
6/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If I read this correctly, you DO NOT have power at fuse 7? If you do not have power there, then something is wrong with the junction box. That fuse should be hot at all times and should provide constant power to the switch for the headlights. It is the first source on the circuit. The only way to repair is to replace the junction box. The box has something wrong internally. See here and here for the diagram to see what I mean. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy