Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mustang V6 conv.: my right rear turn signal doesn't work, right…

Customer Question
my right rear turn signal...
my right rear turn signal doesn't work, right rear flashers and right rear brake lights, but when the headlights are on all bulbs light.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. What do you mean all the bulbs light? The parking lights come on or they are really bright like the brake light is on? If they come on normal, try changing the light bulbs. They are 2 filament bulbs and when one side burns out, you lose the turn signal, brake light side of the bulbs. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy
when the headlights are on, both rear lamp assemblies light and look the same. however when you step on the brake only one side gets brighter the other side doesn't.
I cannot imagine that the filament is burned out on all three light bulbs at the same time.
Does the front turn signal work like normal? If not, the flasher relay is bad. Otherwise, if the front is owrking, then there might be a plug issue at that lamp. I have had all 3 burn out at the same time on me before. There is a voltage spike and it knocked all three out. I have even had one go out and the other 2 not work because of the inside light being bad. What I mean by inside, the one closest to the license plate. It gets the power first and then the next and the next. Like Christmas lights on a string. When one goes out, all go out. That is what I meant by the filamnet on the bulbs. Remove the inside bulb, the one closest to the plate, and see if it is burnt out.
ok I will check it out tomorrow first thing and get back to you
Ok, let me know. I apologize on later response. I had something come up that pulled me away.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?