Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford Expedition: i have a 2003 Ford Expedition that is leaking…

Customer Question
i have a 2003 Ford...
i have a 2003 Ford Expedition that is leaking coolant from the backside of the motor. I know that there are issues with the hard pipe under the intake manifold to the back of the motor. I have seen where people have done a bypass. I am looking for a diagram to see which hose goes to the hard pipe. It looks like one tees off and routes back there. Is there any concerns with doing this procedure.? It will save a lot of time and money if I can vs. pulling off the intake.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 3 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
The coolant pipe under the intake goes directly to the backside of where the water pump is, if you remove the altenator you might be able to see it but I dont see how you could bypass it without removing the intake to remove the pipe. Repairing the leak properly would be the way to go