Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The wrench comes on the dashboard and I have no throttle power.

Customer Question
The engine gets as if...
the wrench comes on the dashboard and I have no throttle power. The engine gets as if it is going to kill. What could be the problem. It does this now and then, not all the time. Once I put in park and turn car off, then restart it, it is fine for an undetermined time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, you are having a failure with the electronic throttle body. It is covered under extended coverage recall 13N03 and will be replaced by any local dealer free of charge. The gas pedal is fly by wire, no cables, and the motor in the throttle body sticks and fails.
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans