James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford f350: i have a 2006 king ranch f350 6.0 diesel 3 weeks

Customer Question

i have a 2006 king ranch f350 6.0 diesel 3 weeks ago it started taking longer to start I. The morning just had shied diesel replace all my injectors and clean the turbo 4 months ago any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. There are a couple of thing that can cause a harder than normal start. One are bad glow plugs or glow plug relay. If it is above 60 degrees this shouldn't be an issue though. If you still have an egr valve it can be stuck open a very small amount and cause hard start. Another item is the FICM module. If the FICM module is becoming weak or wearing out it can also create a harder than normal start. If fuel pump is wearing out and you are getting some low fuel pressure during start up this can contribute as well. If all of these items are ok next I would suspect the high pressure oil system. If the vehicle only has the first initial start that is hard I wouldn't go for the high pressure oil system but it is possible.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I wanted to see if I can still offer you more assistance?