Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

LX: 2002 ford windstar smells like gas inside of vehicle when…

Customer Question
2002 ford windstar smells like...
2002 ford windstar smells like gas inside of vehicle when ac is on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2015
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 years ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist
when you have the ac on, its opens up a vent from the outside. you have an external fuel leak that needs to be checked before it causes a problem.
the codes have nothing to do with the smell. the codes indicate a rich running issue.
Roy
I have already followed all of the fuel lines and I can't find a leak any other possibility where it might be?
research on the internet said it could be the evap emissions system. Is that possible and if so how do I know for sure?
the cannister for the evap is at the back of the van. look closely at the injectors to be sure they are not seeping any fuel externally. the rear ones will be hard to see.
Roy
Will look for and check.
ok, I will be here.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way we get paid for our efforts
Roy