Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2012 ford transit with 80k on it. the transmission shifts…

Customer Question
I have 2012 ford transit...
I have 2012 ford transit with 80k on it. the transmission shifts from 1st to 4th...Issue!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, is it full of trans fluid and does it smell very burnt? Any warning lights on and has it be checked for diagnostic trouble codes with a scan tool?
Fluid not burnt...shifting selanoid installed and didn't help.
I was raid that the scan code refers the the steel piston probably ruining the aluminum casting
I was told ...
Most common issue is the 2-4 servo piston bore gets damaged over time and sticks when it tries to apply the band, it is basicaly an overhaul to repair just that be removing the trans, doing a teardown and installing a new servo piston sleeve. Probably some damage to the direct clutch as well. Is fixable but be costly, replacement of the trans is an option