Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford E-450 brake light will not go out , Need help

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 3 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, the red brake lamp on the dash or the stops lamps stay on all the time?
yes, the rv came to the shop with the rear calipers locked up the owner,had purchased the rv a 150 miles away and drove it till the brakes was burned off. The shop replaced the brakes,calipers, lines ,pressure bleed and test drove the back brakes locked up again immediately . the master cylinder was tested it failed .A new master cylinder was installed same issue . The unit was bleed with a scan tool . The motor would not activate on the abs unit ,tech replaced abs unit. pressure bleed brakes and used scan tool the ,brakes work great but the red brake light still illuminates. I need to know how to check the level sensor. The parts for this unit from ford have been discontinued . I sent the rv to the ford dealership and it beat those guys. I need help with a schematic or some direction.Cliff . ASE master truck tech
ok what year is the rv?
2002
Ok so the rear brakes are locked up after a road test or after hitting the brake pedal a few times or right away?
the brake lights work good 1 bulb was replaced
Ok im confused, is there still an issue with the rear brakes locking up or an issue with the stop lamps not working properly?
The brake a re working great after the abs hydraulic unit replacement . the brake lights work fine. the brake light i am referring too is on the instrument cluster. Thanks Cliff, sorry for the confusion.
Any help you can give would be great.Thanks
Ok good, does it have anything to do with the parking brake circuit, if you unplug the parking brake switch does the lamp go out?
the parking brake is wired to the leveling stands , I have removed that from the system to try and make the light go out but no luck.
Ok so it seems to be an issue with the red brake light level sensor in the master cylinder correct?
To me yes , it also has a pressure sensor that is on the master cylinder. the level sensor is a 3 wire setup.
Ok the pressure sensor is to deactivate the cruise control system if you disconnect the float sensor and jump it does it go out
I am checking the wires to the sensor and i do not have power at the sensor
Ok I need to know which engine is in the van so Im sure I pull up the proper schematic
The engine is a v10
no codes in the abs system. the only code says power to ground
what code in what system, whats the number. The abs module, might need to be service bled in order to get the lamp out
the code is showing c1225 brake warning indicator output short circuit to battery, looking at the schematic the dg/y wire does not have power in the start position
Since its coming off the ignition switch if you jump power to it does it go out
the wire has no power from the ignition switch.i put a jumper wire to put power to the d/g but no change. i am looking for the reason the switch will not power it up . i plug the sensor back in with the jumped power but the light still is on
Does the switch read open and closed if you ohm it out and manipuilate the switch
I have the ignition switch off and the d/g wire does not have power I applied power to the d/g wire at the ignition switch connector it will then power the level switch
but light will not go out
switch is open
So you have power to the switch now but light still on,still have the same code?
Hello, I needed your response sooner.Thanks For your help.
hello, you didnt get back to me, do you still need help or is this resolved?