martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Worked as a ford mechanic for 3 years, also specialise in all other makes and models
20682938

Excursion: I have a 2001 Ford Excursion that is being used

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford Excursion that is being used on a long trip and decided to not go into park at all. We have to start it in Neutral. No garage anywhere within a 100 miles. Is it still okay to drive? It will start in neutral and will drive.
Category: Ford
Expert:  martyzs180 replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, yes its fine to drive but get it looked at, at your earliest convenience,, your problem may lie with your inhibitor switch or the cabling to the gearbox, hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** you require any further help please ask, if not please press the GREEN BUTTON to accept as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.