Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford exlporere: 2002 ford exlporer v8 defrosters do not work.

Customer Question

2002 ford exlporer v8 defrosters do not work. Also the ac blows cold but all at the same speed. The same sir comes out on a 1 as does 4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.So you are saying neither of the defrosters work? On the blower motor speed its gonna be a bad blower motor resistor.What happens when you try to turn on either of the defrosters?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing blows out I have to open the windows to clear the windshield
Is the rear defroster an issue too?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it seems to work fine. The ac blows cold air but only one speed which is low
OK. Got confused by the word defrosters vs defroster. Just trying to make sure I fully understand your situation.So to verify the only air that comes out is out of the vents in the front of the dash and it only comes out at one speed no matter what position the blower is set at but you do have control over the temperature. That sums it up, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Ac is cold but only blows at low speed even when the dial is on 4 setting. Also no air blows out of the defroster for the windshield. I hear air blowing but feel nothing
OK so when you switch it to defrost it stops blowing out of the vents but also does not blow out the defrost even though you hear the blower running?Have you checked the floor vents to see if it is blowing there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Defrost does not blow. Secondly the ac blows cold but only one speed