Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2008 f250 6.4 diesel I am getting a whine upon hard

Customer Question

2008 f250 6.4 diesel I am getting a whine upon hard acceleration. It stops when you let off the throttle a bit obviously it sounds like one of the turbos. But what I want is o know if this is a problem with these these trucks. The truck has 195k miles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Can you duplicate this reving the engine in park?Can you duplicate this brake torquing the engine?Yes I have replaced plenty of 6.4 turbos but I would not say there problems nor are there many messages from Ford on turbo issues. Have you checked for an exhaust leak to the turbos or after the turbo to the intercooler in and out. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the whine only happens when the engine is loaded up. For instance, hard acceleration.
Did you check what I mentioned to start with, we can only offer suggestions on noise concerns being we can not hear them.