Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford f350: 2015 f350 no trailer stop or turn signal light…

Customer Question
2015 f350 no trailer stop...
2015 f350 no trailer stop or turn signal light
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/23/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Is this a 2013 or 2015?

2015

Great. The fuses you want to check are fuses 13&14 inside the vehicle in the passenger kick panel. These dudes don't really blow. The fuses that blow are under the hood by the primary coolant tank. They are fuses F100. These fuses control brake lights and turn signals for the trailer.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

There is no F100 fuse under the hood

have not check 13 & 14 in the kick panel

I thought fuse 100 sounded to high. I was using an all data but I'm at my computer again so I will check with Ford and let you know.

There is a spot for one but it is not used

It is the correct location. I would install a 25amp fuse in this locAtion and this should make the trailer turn signals work as well as the brakes.

it can't there is only one blade not two

Is this a diesel or gas?

diesel

Do you have your vin number by chance? I'm going to send this into Ford tomorrow because no diagram is matching up. I don't have an owners manual in front of me but I went through three years with the same results.

I will send it to you tomarrow

Sounds good thank you

VIN: 1FT8X3BT3FEA60518

Ok thank you. It is supposed to be fuse 100 so the manuals are correct. It sounds like if your pins aren't present it could have fallen out out the fuse panel could have been misbuilt. This vehicle should still be under warranty. It shouldn't cost you anything to have it repaired. I would call Ford and tell them a pin in the fuse panel is missing so they can get the correct part to repair it for you.

The light work up to the time I connect to the trailer that was bad

The brake lights both worked until a bad trailer was plugged in?

Yes

Is there anyway you can upload a photo of your fuse panel to me?

Yes

I will have it tomorrow

Sounds good.
The first image on the bottom right corner looks like blown fuse to me. Is this fuse blown?
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.

I am back

Will check tomarrow

Sounds good.
James, Ford Technician