Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Edge: Cooling fan is not coming on - Ford Edge 2008

Customer Question
Cooling fan is not coming...
Cooling fan is not coming on - Ford Edge 2008
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/22/2015
Ford Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
There is a cooling fan control module that is mounted to the fan assembly, its very common for that to fail. There is some electrical testing that can be done. Here is a test that can be done, verify the cooling fan module has good power to it on the Violet/Grey wire if no power check fuse 5 (60 amp) of the Battery Junction Box. Check the Black/Gray wire of the cooling fan module has a good ground. Check the White/Blue wire running between the cooling fan module and the PCM for a potential open circuit, short to ground, short to voltage, etc and repair the circuit as needed. If all circuits of the cooling fan control module checks to be good, it would suggest that either the cooling fan module assembly is defective or that the PCM is defective.