How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Z. Your Own Question
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 18773
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ford Escape Limited: What does "check fuel fill inlet" mea

Customer Question

What does "check fuel fill inlet" mean
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...Check fuel inlet means the on-board computer sees a problem in the EVAP (emissions control/recovery) System and thinks the problem could be something blocking the fuel inlet (the inlet that you insert the fuel pump nozzle to add fuel to the vehicle). So, first place to start is there. Make sure there are no blockages of any kind. Make sure there are no leaks in the inlet or the tube to the fuel tank (you'll see drip mark stains if there is a leak). If there are no obvious problems here, then we'll need to have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (aka "p-codes") read from the on-board computer. There are dozens of parts and sensors in the EVAP System that can set the Check Inlet light, so we'll need a starting point for the diagnosis. These p-codes do just that. They will point us in the direction of the part/sensor that has the problem and from there we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose and repair the issue. You can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.