Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F150: I have a 2007 ford f150 Truck ran this morning

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ford f150
Truck ran this morning
Replaced the coil on plugs
Truck started once after a few tries then nothing
So I put the old ones back in now it still won't start please help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Chris here,With the coil work, I assume you have diagnosed and verified this is a spark issue. If that s the case, with the key on is there power to the coils and is the crank sensor reading good to the computer?If you have not checked the spark, can you. Also can you check the fuel pressure and injector pulse? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have spark, I think I hear the fuel pump priming but not 100% sure. All fuses are good if I spray ether into the intake it tries to run. I'm confused how a fuel issue would occur by doing a simple coil change?
Is there power to the injectors with the key on?Do you have a noid light to check the injector operation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a noid light. I know older vehicles used to have a plastic cap you could open up and fuel would squirt out. But this is the first ford I've ever owned which I despise buying haha. I reset the emergency shut off switch incase that was the issue still no luck.
You can check the fuel rail for a test port. This year s about the cut off where Ford stopped installing those. At this point we are stuck on checking the injectors and fuel pressure to move forward.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't see a test port on the rail.What could cause the injectors to fail without working on them at all?What's a good way to check for injector power without a noid tester? Just pull the injector out?
You can unplug the injector, turn the key on and check for battery voltage on one wire. On the other wire you need a light that can flash fast and needs low amps to check for a ground pulse. A test light will not work, a LED will. The computer uses the cam sensor signal to know when to pulse the injectors with a ground.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks I'll try that tomorrow
Your welcome