Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford f250: the lower latch on the rear door of my 2003 f250…

Customer Question
the lower latch on the...
the lower latch on the rear door of my 2003 f250 won't release....i took the door apart and tried to pull on the cable to help release it and it pulled the cable right out of the latch....didnt break the cable, pulled it out intact. What do i do now?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 5 days by:
6/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
For some reason, your post got lost, do you still need help?

You will need to drill a 1/2 inch hole into the inner door skin so you can get into the door to pop the latch open. It is best to remove the other door latch so you know where to drill to get the access needed as well so the door trim covers it.

-

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris