Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Ford Exp Limited. Battery went dead after < 4 years. Several…

Customer Question
2012 Ford Exp Limited. Battery...
2012 Ford Exp Limited. Battery went dead after < 4 years. Several of my warning lights are still on after I replaced the battery. The Parking Brake, (ABS) Anti lock brake sys, Advance Trac and Advance Tract Off.
The low tire pressure warning light and the airbag readiness was staying on but has since cleared up.
In addition I have 4 warning messages, collision warning, Hill Descent, Brake sys and Advanced Trac.
We left on vacation for 14 days, my son cranked the car and drove to the airport to pick us up. He waited outside the airport for us to call when we were ready to be picked up. The car wouldn't start and we had to get road service to jump it. The next day I replaced the battery. I live too far from my dealership to get them to come and jump it again so I called a local repairman to jump it. He took it to his shop and said the battery was dead. As of this morning the car still starts after several cranks but the warning lights and messages are still there.
Can you help me get the lights off?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/19/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Do you have access to a scan tool to check codes?If not start by checking all the fuses and replacing any bad ones. Thats probably the issue.
I have check fuses that I can identify but may have missed the correct ones.Under Hood 43,59,92.
I can't get to the panel inside, where is it? I have pulled and pushed everything I can under the steering wheel on on the left of the brake petal. Can you be more specific as to the location, Number 35 maybe the answer.
I do not have a scan tool.
Theres no interior fuse panel in this one.
OK Is there another one?
Just the battery junction box under the hood.
OK what next?
Start checking wiring or get the codes to see what needs checked.
End of conversation. Thank you>
No problem.
Where is the fuse box for all the other fuses?
If there is none, which fuse under the hood is the same as number 35 listed in the passenger compartment?
What size engine does this have?
A six cylinder? What ever is standard for a 2012 explorer limited.
OK there are some fuses on the body control module. Its just above your feet sitting in the driver seat.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician