John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

After having my window reprogrammed on the passenger side my

Customer Question

After having my window reprogrammed on the passenger side my door will not close . do I need it to be reprogrammed
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.First I will need some more information, what is the year and model of the vehicle with the concern? Once I know this I can further assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a window regulator installed on the passenger door and now the door will not close on the passenger side I was told that I now need a door simulator on the passenger side this problem did not occur until the window regulator was installed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a 2004 Lincoln LS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the window had to be reprogrammed and after the reprogramming that's when the problem with the door occurred
Door should have not had to have been reprogrammed once window regulator was installed. Just initiation procedure to learn the upper and lower limits of the glass. Good chance they fried the door module while trying to program it. Vehicle should be a 2003, there was no 2004 LS.