Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

Expidition: I changed my brake light switch on my 2005 Ford

Customer Question

Hi I changed my brake light switch on my 2005 Ford expidition....now when I hit the brakes it comes on and blinks off.....
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. When you say it comes on and blinks off, what is actually coming on and off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The brake light
Thank you. If the brake light itself is on then start by checking the brake fluid. If the brake fluid is low then this will occur. If it is fine then the brake fluid level sensor or the parking brake switch may be failing. I would check the fluid first and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I wiggle the wire that goes to the brake light switch it stays on when holdings the brake down
When you press on the brake pedal the brake fluid level will change. Did you check the fluid level? You are talking about the switch on the brake pedal assembly right?