Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford Explorer: 5r55s did the bore kit and

Customer Question
5r55s did the bore kit...
5r55s did the bore kit for intermediate and overdrive servo it had a late 2 shift at 4500 rpm you would have to lift off throttle to get it to shift now it starts off in 2nd and slips at heavy throttle if band struts were put in wrong would this cause this condition didn't slip before
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
The struts are interchangeable. Slipping in second is more likely relate to the servo seal leaking or the overdrive clutch adjusted incorrect. Did you air test the servo prior to assembly. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
No I didn't bench test the servo this trans wasn't starting off in 2nd gear until I did the servo bore kit if the overdrive servo applied and didn't release when the intermediate band applied for third gear what would happen
Also if overdrive servo was stuck in the applied position would that cause a 2nd gears start and cause a no manual d1 start
If 2nd were commanded and then 3rd as well and the OD band stayed applied you would get a feeling like the brakes were applied hard and the bands would burnt up very fast. Yes if the band is stuck applied from being wedged in there, servo issue, hydraulic issue, or incorrectly adjusted. It would take off in 2nd in D and 1.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
my phone number is(###) ###-####
(###) ###-####
I do not do phone calls.Do you want me to opt out so you can get back on the list to wait and hope another will offer that service so you can pay extra for it?
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician