Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hey steve. im steve too.im replacing my wifes waterpump on…

Customer Question
hey steve. im steve too.im...
hey steve. im steve too.im replacing my wifes waterpump on her pickup. 2001 ford ranger xlt 3.0 liter. im down to 2 blots but the power steering bracket is in the way. I cant move it but I got the bracket bolts off. what do I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/16/2015
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
You need to remove the compressor bracket bolts in the rear and the belt tensioner i the front. There are bracket bolts behind the tensioner. Cut and paste the following links for bolt locations:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3asz94gpwg7fxap/pump%20bracket%20bolts.gif?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18sbbs8uak3qz1t/compressor%20bracket%20bolts.gif?dl=0
Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.
Do you still need help with your Ranger? Please ask me any more questions and please rate the service provided. THanks.